The SHOUT sp is a revolutionary Iridium-based smartphone. The SHOUT sp combines the Iridium tracking/messaging of the SHOUT line of products with an Android-powered handset. It features Iridium’s short burst data (SBD), SMS, voice calls, as well as the ability to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots for expanded Android app usage. It will be upgrade-able for Iridium commercial push-to-talk (PTT) service via a future software update.
The SHOUT sp features a high-resolution color touchscreen and an included SHOUT app. The included app supports transmission of voice, and canned messages. A guarded 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. The SHOUT sp also allows installation and usage of third-party apps such as ATAK or SitaWare.
- Android Operating System 6.0
- High-resolution touchscreen
- IP67 Rated
- Small Size: 4.9” L x 2.7” W x 0.9” D, 12 ounces
- Compatible with either DoD or Commercial Iridium Gateway
- Automatic location reports (>1500 reports per charge)
- Wi-Fi Connectivity a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Guarded 911 alert switch
- Camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Real-time, pole-to-pole coverage
Compatible Iridium Airtime Service(s):
SBD, SMS, Voice, Commercial Push-to-Talk (Future SW Upgrade)