The SHOUT sp is a revolutionary Iridium-based smartphone. The SHOUT sp combines the Iridium tracking/messaging of the SHOUT line of products with an Android-powered handset. It features Iridium’s short burst data (SBD), SMS, voice calls, as well as the ability to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots for expanded Android app usage. It will be upgradeable for Iridium commercial push-to-talk (PTT) service via a future software update.
The SHOUT sp features a high-resolution color touchscreen and an included SHOUT app. The included app supports the transmission of voice and canned messages. A guarded 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. The SHOUT sp also allows installation and usage of third-party apps such as ATAK or SitaWare.
- Android Operating System 6.0
- High-Resolution Touchscreen
- IP67 Compliant
- Small Size: 122 x 74 x 31 mm (4.8” L x 3.0” W x 1.0” D) and ~ 16 oz.
- Compatible with Either DoD or Commercial Iridium Gateway
- Automatic Location Reports (>1500 Reports per Charge)
- Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Guarded 911 Alert Switch
- Camera with LED Flash
- 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Real-Time, Pole-to-Pole Coverage
Compatible Iridium Airtime Service(s):
SBD, SMS, Voice, Commercial Push-to-Talk (Future SW Upgrade)